Wednesday, 2 May 2012

My Summer Vacation

This summer I had lots of fun and did tons of cool things with my family. I went to India, there I had a tour of Mumbai, lived in a house in the middle of a coconut orchard, and climbed the Himalayan mountain ranges in Kashmir.  I also visited the world famous Taj Mahal. After we got back to Toronto, my cousins and I had  an awesome time watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 in IMAX 3D. It was all fabulous and lots of fun.
Even though I did loads of interesting things, I can only write about one.  So, I’ve decided to write about my first horse ride… up the mountain ranges of Kashmir. Around mid July, the mountain air was cool, the skies clear, and the grass deep green making it the most beautiful sight I’d ever seen. It was a wonderful experience. At first I was extremely scared because the horse was really tall, I couldn’t imagine how I was to get up there and not fall off. But after I mounted the horse I was feeling better, almost relaxing a little until… we actually started moving! This was even more terrifying. The horse was walking up a steep cliff without being led by anyone. Through all my fear I didn’t notice, until I looked up, how utterly beautiful the landscape was. It was like stepping into a picture in a calendar when the camera is in the clouds looking downwards. I have no words to tell you how great it felt and why those three and a half hours with my family were my favorite of my whole summer. Thankfully, after a while I really got a hang of it and even galloped when we got to a flat area. I felt really happy and relaxed when we arrived at the top of the mountain.
This summer has been the best of summer my life so far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment