Tuesday, 29 November 2011


We. They. I.

By: F. A. Patel

Authors Note:
It started out a feeling, which became a thought which turned into words, and with a little imagination became a poem.

We.
We played…
We sang…
We laughed…
We cried…
We moved…
We met…
We will never be the same; you are one of them now.

They.
They don’t know what it feels like when the friends you had since kindergarten turn their backs on you.
They don’t know the feeling I get in the pit of my stomach every time I see them in the halls.
They don’t know that feeling I get, like sharp needles plunging into my heart, when I hear them whispering mean remarks about me.
They don’t know about the scars they have caused hidden beneath my longed sleeved shirt.
They don’t know that they are the reason I looked forward to school one day and despised it the next.
They don’t know that the smile on my face is held up with shame, misery, and fear.
They don’t know how much it means to me. They don’t know it means more than just popularity. It means accomplishment, success and even just happiness to me.
When I was younger I wondered why teachers at school taught me about bullying, but now I know it’s because of the kids like them.
They are the bullies I’m too scared to defend myself against.
I.

I will not let them hurt me!
I will stand up for myself!
I will not be afraid to show who I am, even if I’m to extra or weird for them!
I will be who I want to be, and will make sure they don’t take that pride away from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment